Answered 1000 post count to change topic prefixes

NoUserHere

Programming Experience
10+
Suggestion :

Allow users of a specific group or post-based group of 1000 posts to be able to mark other topics as answered/resolved, etc.

Benefits :
  • Reduces moderator work load and responsibilities. (I imagine moderators would welcome) I've seen @jmcilhinney read many topics only to find out they are resolved at the end of the thread.
  • Allows experienced programmers to change the state of a question based on the answers given.
  • Helps future readers know if a topic of the same interests as there's have reached an amicable answer or response.
Cons :
  • People who have a post count of 1000 would be able to change other peoples topics prefixes if they have 1000 posts regardless if they answer programming questions proficiently or not. (But this could be corrected by more experienced programmers + it is unlikely to happen.)
  • Allows some programmers to mark questions as answered, even when the answer is not clear or has not been proven to be correct. (Again can be corrected by a more advanced programmer or moderator.)
I think this would be a useful change to make personally.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take this under review. We can also identify top helpers such as you and move you into a seniority group with these type of permissions which is probably a better and controlled way of handling this.

No doubt you'll find a suitable way to do it which satisfies everyone. Thanks for giving it your attention. (y)

Back
Top Bottom