Question AccuWeather API

awnweather

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello, I am trying to make a weather program in Visual Studio 2015. I have previously been using VB.NET to make my programs and I know a little bit of C# and wanted to try it for faster and better performance and operation. What would be the best way to get the current conditions, forecasts, hourly forecasts, and radar from the AccuWeather API?

Thank You for your help!

I know a little bit of C# and wanted to try it for faster and better performance and operation.
You're not likely to see any difference between a VB app and a C# app. They will both compile to pretty much the same IL code anyway. The only way you'll get appreciably better performance in C# compared to VB is using unsafe code, i.e. pointers, and this is not something to use pointers for. If you want to use C# then go ahead but don't expect the end result to perform any differently to the equivalent VB.

On average, VB is a bit faster to build apps with too, but that can depend on the individual and their taste and experience in each language. I do most of my work in C# but if I want to throw something together quickly, I generally use VB.
What would be the best way to get the current conditions, forecasts, hourly forecasts, and radar from the AccuWeather API?
You should start by reading the documentation for the API to find out what it offers. Once you have that understanding, make your best attempt at implementing the features you want. If what you try doesn't work, then you should post a question about that issue specifically, explaining what you're trying to achieve, how you're trying to achieve it and what happens when you try.

Back
Top Bottom