Question Algorithm for filling a column in excel using "company codings"

Juxtaposed

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello all,

Nice to be here. I have been learning C# for a while for personal reasons and also for Unity.

Today, from a client, I have received a long excel sheet. My duty is use this information to make our product codings. Then use that codings to make a quotation. Then I wonder, since it is a very long excel, is it possible to use C# in excel? It seems it is possible but a little complicated. But besides of that, I couldnt able to write an algorithm for this, because it is a little complicated and out of my league. May I ask you guys help regarding with this? Please see the photo below,

excel.JPG

So customer has sent me this excel with 3 values and I will make the "Coding" column. As you can see in the right top, I explain the standart coding text and then I explain the codings for valuables. One of the problem is "Value 3" column has 2 valuables inside.

Is it possible to make an algorithm for such table?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Solution
Yes, it is possible. It is also possible to do the same using just Excel formulas and functions.

The question is: do you absolutely have to do the work in Excel? You could export the data from Excel as a CSV, do the code generation into a new CSV file. That CSV file can then be imported back into Excel.
Yes, it is possible. It is also possible to do the same using just Excel formulas and functions.

The question is: do you absolutely have to do the work in Excel? You could export the data from Excel as a CSV, do the code generation into a new CSV file. That CSV file can then be imported back into Excel.

Solution

Hello Skydiver, thank you very much for the answer! It is very helpful actually. It makes really sense, maybe I should try that way.

Do you have any advice on value 3? As I mentioned there are two variables in one column.

Back
Top Bottom