Resolved ASP IDENTITY LOGIN

Zeus

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm new to winform. I built a webapp using ASP IDENTITY for USER registration.
But now i have to use Credentials created by ASP IDENTITY to login in already existing window app(ADO.NET is used).

How can i login in winform ???

Since the window app already exists, do you have the source code for it? Are you allowed to modify and redistribute it?

You can't verify within your winform's login page unless you replicate the web app's login logic. The best you can do is to get the credentials and then SECURELY send the username and a salted hash of the password to a web service that's on your web app, and for the web service to respond back to the WinForms app with a success or failure. For a success, the web service should send you back an access token that good for a limited amount of time that you can use for later operations that you need against the web service. Hopefully, the web app also use the exact same web service so that you don't have a lot of duplication of effort or parallel code that could potentially break if one is updated but someone forgets to update the other.

If the web app uses a modern authentication scheme like OAuth, then things get a bit more complicated for your WinForms app due to the typical handshaking required by OAuth.

You can't verify within your winform's login page unless you replicate the web app's login logic. The best you can do is to get the credentials and then SECURELY send the username and a salted hash of the password to a web service that's on your web app, and for the web service to respond back to the WinForms app with a success or failure. For a success, the web service should send you back an access token that good for a limited amount of time that you can use for later operations that you need against the web service. Hopefully, the web app also use the exact same web service so that you don't have a lot of duplication of effort or parallel code that could potentially break if one is updated but someone forgets to update the other.

If the web app uses a modern authentication scheme like OAuth, then things get a bit more complicated for your WinForms app due to the typical handshaking required by OAuth.
thanks for the logic, i'll pass the credentials the web Service.

Back
Top Bottom