Beginner seeking help with C#

Sinan KM

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need help with a project.

It is for a web application. The structure is;

The document is uploaded online,
When we click the button to process the uploaded document,
It should read the document, then within the document, replace the names 'Sara' with 'X' in blue color, and font size 14, the name 'Natalie' with 'Y' in red color, and font size 14, and the name 'Turner' with 'Z' in red color, and font size 14.
Then, the processed document with the changes should be available for download.

Thank you

Note: Please kindly help me with it. I am a beginner and looking forth to guidance from the experts here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
That is far too broad a subject. You should be breaking the whole thing down into parts and tackling each part individually, then putting the partial solutions together at the end. For instance, the processing of the document has got nothing at all to do with web applications, so you should be working on that in isolation. Once you have code that can do that, you can use it in any application of any kind. Similarly, the upload and download parts are completely separate issues. Break the problem down into the smallest parts you can, research each part individually, do what you can on each part and, if you encounter a specific issue, ask about that and the part it's in without reference to the rest. You can be working on one part while you're waiting for an answer to a question about another.

That is far too broad a subject. You should be breaking the whole thing down into parts and tackling each part individually, then putting the partial solutions together at the end. For instance, the processing of the document has got nothing at all to do with web applications, so you should be working on that in isolation. Once you have code that can do that, you can use it in any application of any kind. Similarly, the upload and download parts are completely separate issues. Break the problem down into the smallest parts you can, research each part individually, do what you can on each part and, if you encounter a specific issue, ask about that and the part it's in without reference to the rest. You can be working on one part while you're waiting for an answer to a question about another.
Thank you for your advice. I will break the problem and focus on the key part here.

One point to note is that, if you are talking about a Microsoft Word document, a web server is unlikely to have Word installed so you likely won't be able to use Office Automation. If you're dealing only with the new format, i.e. DOCX rather than DOC, then you might look into using the Open XML SDK.

Back
Top Bottom