C# control library issue

barrypryde

Programming Experience
10+
Hey everyone I am having an issue with using a control library. I have spent hours and hours on this and cannot get it to work. If any one has any input into this probem it would be greatly appreciated.

I have Documented steps here.

Thanks.

Steps to recreate control library problem

In general, the tooling for WinForms on .NET (Core) 3.x and up has not been great. I recommend going back to using. .NET Framework 4.8 if you want to use WinForms.

Add the control lib project to solution and Add Project Reference from the Winforms app to the control library and recompile, and the controls in library will appear in Toolbox.

In general, the tooling for WinForms on .NET (Core) 3.x and up has not been great. I recommend going back to using. .NET Framework 4.8 if you want to use WinForms.

When i create a project in .7 net going to properties i cant see framework options. How do i change a project from .7 net back to Framework?

thanks.

I don't think the UI gives you an option. You might be able to hack the .CSPROJ file, but I don't know.

.Net and .Net Framework have different project templates, when you browse the create new project dialog the old ones are marked (.Net Framework).

There wouldn't be all those duplicate projects types to begin with if it was simple matter of just choosing "version", .Net and .Net Framework is not compatible with each other. .Net Standard up to version 2.0 is kind of magic in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom