Can I apply for my first C# job with a Microsoft transcript that shows only one exam?

Akshay

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have passed Exam 70-483: Programming in C# before it was retired. This exam was a requirement for the MCSA certification, but this exam and the MCSA cert have both been retired. Can I apply for a job with a Microsoft transcript that shows only this exam?

The transcript looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-13 160451.png

I have passed only one exam and no certification. Can I apply for a job with this certificate?

Why would you even need that exam certificate -- unless the job you are applying for specifically asks for it. Most job postings just ask for C# experience.

Why would you even need that exam certificate -- unless the job you are applying for specifically asks for it. Most job postings just ask for C# experience.
I don't have a CS degree ( I have degrees in other disciplines though). I want to apply to my first C# developer job and I've read that having a certification helps the HR guys notice your resume.

But, the problem is - I haven't completed a certification, I just passed ONE exam of that cert. Microsoft later retired that cert so I can't complete that cert now.

Would it be a wise move to apply for my first job with that exam transcript alone?

Just apply. If they choose not to pursue your application without specific qualifications and certifications then so be it but you don't lose anything by trying. Whether it matters depends on the employer, the role, the other applicants and your aptitude.

Just apply. If they choose not to pursue your application without specific qualifications and certifications then so be it but you don't lose anything by trying. Whether it matters depends on the employer, the role, the other applicants and your aptitude.
Thank you! Makes sense

Back
Top Bottom