Can someone please help me with coding calculations?

BMWood

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello friends,

I'm an absolute beginner to coding and am struggling to get my head around how to code the beautiful calculator in the application below. I need to be able to take all the user inputs, and provide a breakdown of:

-Membership type
-Duration
-Extras
-Payment method
-Frequency

If someone could help me to get my 'if' and 'else' statements under control, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad.

Capture.PNG

Forget code. Code is simply an implementation of logic. If you have no logic, you have nothing to implement. You need to spend the time to work out the logic first, then write code to specifically implement that logic. The reason you are having trouble writing code is that you have no idea what it has to do. Work that out first. Pretend that it's a totally manual process and work out the steps you would have to perform. That's your logic. Break down the steps into the smallest parts you can and formalise them. That's your algorithm. THEN you have something to implement in code and that is when we can help you with writing the code, if you are still having issues. If you can't tell us the logic that your code is supposed to be implementing, you shouldn't be trying to write code in the first place. get to that point first.

One you are getting closer to writing code, take advantage of the GroupBox control to help trim down on the number of if statements you'll need to help manage the UI.

Back
Top Bottom