OliverSte

Programming Experience
10+
VB 17.5.4 with MAUI Workload

The example will not be compiled/run. The error message:

C#:
Error DEP0700:
Error registering the app. [0x80073CF0]
Error 0x80070003: Error The system cannot find the path specified.
when opening the file in the location AppxManifest.xml

I get this error on three machines with Win10 and Win11. Previously updated VS to 17.5.5.

Thanks for an advice.

Regards Oliver

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked without any issues for me:
1683152093697.png

That error you showed in your OP, is that just the last error among a set of multiple errors, or is that the only error that you see in the "Error" pane? Have you tried looking at the "Output" pane to see if there were additional build messages before that error?

@Skydiver
The only one, there is nothing additional in the output pane.
But I found the solution by myself:
I mapped my OneDrive to a drive letter, which caused the problem. Oh my god, you have to come up with that.
In another forum one said that the path length might be a problem. That got me thinking.

Thanks for your advice!

I thought that most developers know never to put code that they are actively working on in Mesh, OneDrive, DropBox, or Google Drive, or whatever your cloud syncing technology of choice. That way leads to the the same scale of file corruption one gets when a developer places an Access database on a SMB share. :) For source code, use a local drive and use a source control system instead: git, Mercurial, Perforce, SVN, etc.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a solution.

Actually the problem was that I substituted the path. Saving to the cloud directory is certainly not harmful in a single user environment.

Back
Top Bottom