Resolved Chart tool

sj_h1

Programming Experience
10+
I have loaded Visual Studio 2019 and I can't see the chart tool in windows forms. I know it supposed to under data in the tool bar but it isn't there. Help!

I believe at some point VS stopped shipping/installing the charting controls automatically to reduce the VS footprint. I think that you need to download and install them separately now.

Well, looking in the WinForms designer is the wrong place to look for the installer.

I wouldn't download that old .Net 3.5 package for VS 2019. Chart class is part of .Net Framework 4+.

Are you sure you created a Windows Forms App (.Net Framework) project, and not a Windows Forms App (.Net Core) project?

For Windows Forms App (.Net Framework) project Chart the control is present in my VS 2019 install. If yours isn't maybe you removed it sometime? It can be readded by right-clicking Data section in toolbox and select "Choose items...", select the Chart control from System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization assembly.

For Windows Forms App (.Net Core) project the Chart control is available as a prerelease Nuget package, search System.Windows.FormsDataVisualization and include 'prerelease' packages.

It is ".Net Core" . I searched for a ".Net Framework" and could not find it. I also did the "choose items" thing and it was already checked.

. I also did the "choose items" thing and it was already checked.
That is for .Net Framework as I explained.
I searched for a ".Net Framework" and could not find it
1597870031697.png

If you're going to create a Forms app now I recommend you use the native .Net Framework. Until next Visual Studio version consider .Net Core as experimental.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom