• I removed the www from the URL, please update your bookmarks and pay attention to the bottom of the screen if using Google Chrome to allow push notifications again.

Question Color

porkshopp

Programming Experience
Beginner
How can I make an item in my array a specific color?
Code:
 Bo[answer - 1] = "X"; Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Green;

jmcilhinney

C# Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
You're going to have to be more specific. Are you simply saying that you want to display the next text you write to the console in a particular colour or you want a specific element in an array to always be displayed in a specific colour?

porkshopp

Programming Experience
Beginner
I want to edit a specific element in the array and set a colored text, but it should only be that element that has that color, the others should not be impacted. So if I have an array that outputs: "A", "B", "C". It should now output "A", "B", "C" but the B is green. This should also be done inside another method

jmcilhinney

C# Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
A String has no colour so you will need to store the colour along with the text somehow and then, whenever you display a text value, you do so using the associated colour. For instance, you might define a class with a property of type String and another of type ConsoleColor and store instances of that in an array instead of just Strings.

Top Bottom