Controls on panels don't appear on forms

Gilmore

Programming Experience
10+
I could probably Google this but I don't think I'm using the right terms to find it. I have a form with a tab control. Some of the tabs contain panels that were created separately. The original developer added some of the panels and they work fine. Subsequently, a second developer added another panel but the controls on that panel do not show up on the tab control. Apparently, there is another way to add an existing control. If I remove a control from the new panel I get an error on the form saying that it can't find the control from the new panel. I realize the question is sort of jumbled. Anything you can do to help me out would be appreciated. I will happily add any clarifications or details.

How are you adding/removing panels and controls? Are you using the WinForms Designer at design time and letting it generate code? Or are you adding/removing them at runtime with hand written layout code?

Are any of the controls and panels custom, or are they all standard out of the box .NET Framework?

I am using the WinForms Designer at design time and letting it generate code. I am not positive, but I think that all of the controls and panels are standard out-of-the-box .NET Framework.

Can you see all the controls in the designer? Are there multiple Panels on the same TabPage? I suggest that you open the Document Outline window from the View menu and make sure that the control hierarchy and z-order looks the way it should.

Last edited:
I appreciate the suggestions. I don't exactly understand them and that's probably part of my problem. But this will give me something to look at and maybe I can figure it out. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom