Create ADO.Net Entity Model On Mac

RDoZZ

Programming Experience
3-5
I am using .Net 6 and Framework 4.8 to build an app with Visual Studio but I can't seem to create the Ado .Net Entity Model it is not listed when I try to create a new class. Is there a simple way to create it on mac?

Last edited:
Sorry can't help you. There's only .NET Framework 4.8, and .NET 6.0. I don't know what .NET Framework 6.0 is.

.NET 6 is based on .NET Core so you are using EF Core and EF Core doesn't support EDMX. You need to use the tools that EF Core provides. Generally-speaking, you should be using code-first with EF these days. If you want to use database-first you can, but it's not the same as generating an EDMX. I haven't done it so I don't know the details but that is what you should research. Here's one I prepared earlier.

Looks like our original poster changed his original post thinking this site is like Stack Overflow where you keep massaging the question based on the comments and and answers given. So posts #2 and #3 look like we weren't paying attention to his originally saying that he was using ".NET Framework 6.0".

@RDoZZ : In the future, please do not edit your old posts. Just post a follow-up on the same thread to clarify. By going back to edit an old post, you break the continuity of the thread. It's like retconning a comic book, TV, movie series. The issues, episodes, or movies in between suddenly don't seem to fit together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom