Creating a Wireframe Web App

Sweg

Programming Experience
1-3
[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm about to begin a project in University where I will need to build an application which is like a Wireframe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Basically, I want to allow users to design forms themselves. They would also need to be able to save these forms, re-open them and edit them (e.g. move buttons around, etc.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've asked around and some people have told me to 'look up APIs', but I'm not sure what I should be doing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Essentially, this part of my application will be like the Visual Studio program, where users can drag and drop components (buttons, labels, etc.) onto a form. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My biggest issue is that I don't know what I would be able to save these forms as. These forms would need to be saved in a database and I don't know if they would need to be saved as images or is there another type of file / variable I could store them as.[/FONT]

What is the C# equivalent term for VB's "NOTHING"

Can anyone help with this? I've tried to figure it out, but I just keep hitting dead end's...

What I'm trying to: Create an application that allows users to create screen mock-ups.

So I basically want to create a wireframe application, where users can drag and drop things (buttons, labels, etc.) onto a blank page.

In other words, it's exactly like developing a Windows Form Application in VB.NET - where the user designs the form by dragging controls onto it.

Essentially, I need to be able to save those forms in some way, and allow the user to re-open them and move stuff around.

I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks a mill!

I've already suggested XML as a means to store designs. What have you done in the way of research and implementation on that?

As for the drag and drop part, you might like to check this out:

Manipulating GDI+ Drawings

Back
Top Bottom