CS1061 Unity Error

Zetsy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi guys, New to coding trying to create player movement and these errors are showing up in unity -
Assets\Script\Movement.cs(16,26): error CS1061: 'Vector2' does not contain a definition for 'GetAxisRaw' and no accessible extension method 'GetAxisRaw' accepting a first argument of type 'Vector2' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Script\Movement.cs(17,26): error CS1061: 'Vector2' does not contain a definition for 'GetAxisRaw' and no accessible extension method 'GetAxisRaw' accepting a first argument of type 'Vector2' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
How can I fix this?

PlayerMovement:
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class Movement : MonoBehaviour
{
 public float moveSpeed;

private bool isMoving;
 private Vector2 input;

private void Update ()
 {
     if (!isMoving)
     {
         input.x = input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal");
         input.y = input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical");

if (input != Vector2.zero)
         {
             var targetPos = transform.position;
             targetPos.x += input.x;
             targetPos.y += input.y;

StartCoroutine(Move(targetPos));
         }
     }
 }

IEnumerator Move(Vector3 targetPos)
 {
     isMoving = true;

while ((targetPos - transform.position).sqrMagnitude > Mathf.Epsilon)
     {
         transform.position = Vector3.MoveTowards(transform.position, targetPos, moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
         yield return null;
     }
     transform.position = targetPos;
 }
}

jmcilhinney

C# Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Why exactly do you think that the Vector2 class does have a GetAxisRaw method? I've never used Unity but, as far as I can tell, the error message is spot on and the only GetAxisRaw method is a static member of the Input class. Example 5 here uses both the Vector2 class and the Input.GetAxisRaw method. If I could find that information, which I did by simply searching the web for "unity getaxisraw", then you should have been able to as well.

Top Bottom