Question Customizable keybinds

Merit

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello all,

So basically, in my programming the user can press the default key that i have set, which is F1, to enable a feature. However, i want the user to be able to change this key. so for example, a dialog pops up and asks them to enter the key they want to set for that feature then it changes the F1 (default key) to the new key that the user chose. How do i do this?

First things first, we need to determine what type of application this is for. You have posted this question in a forum that is for questions relating to issues with the .NET Framework in Visual Studio, which this question does not. You should have posted in a forum intended for the subject of this question. You've then tagged with ASP.NET and WPF. How can it be both? If it's ASP.NET then it should be in an ASP.NET forum. Which one depends on whether it's Web Forms or MVC or something else. If it's WPF then it should be in the WPF forum. If it's something else then it should be elsewhere. Please provide all the relevant information, then we can move the thread to the appropriate forum and then we can look at providing a solution to the problem.

The reason for why the specificity is needed is because there are different approaches depending on if you are on the web (ASP.NET or MVC) or on the desktop (WPF or WinForms) or multiplatform including mobile (Xamarin).

Console? WPF? Winforms? Webforms? What....

Do you know how many variations of this answer we can give you for each different platform there is?

Please be specific. Details are important, so if you're vague, you get vague answers. See how to ask questions the smart way : How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Back
Top Bottom