Resolved Decent Written Tutorials?

Dalski

Programming Experience
Beginner
Can anyone recommend decent tutorials?

I have completed some on MSDN. The second link above would be great, but the problem is the second link has a mixture of languages & not just C# e.g. Walkthrough: Building a Simple WPF Application with the WPF Designer "Creating A Data Source" goes all Visual Basic. There is a good Youtube series it seems, but I'd much rather decent written tutorials if possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this in my journey?

Screenshot_185.jpg

Change the language where the arrow is pointing in the screenshot.

Avoid Youtube. Its one of the worst places to learn programming. Stick with MSDN and read all the material. If you want to seriously further your education, consider taking up a course on the subject.

If you want to seriously further your education, consider taking up a course on the subject.

Thanks guys. Sheepings I'd disagree with you on that. I don't rate courses at all! My job sent me on half a dozen, all with different companies, tutors & different subjects & topics. I've found them all to be extremely expensive & useless!

I like quality written info, videos & a forum where hopefully someone helps you grasp something you're struggling with by explaining it from a different angle/ simplifying it.

I wouldn't say they are useless. It depends how much you already no and at what level you are dropped into a study. Ie. You won't farewell if you are a beginner dropped into an intermediate class or a class for advanced users.

You can't judge a book by its cover. And you shouldn't, just because one or two companies sent you on a course you didn't understand or weren't ready to learn...

If you're a beginner, then take a beginner course. And once you begin to gain an understanding then move up the ladder and onto the next level for your next course.
where hopefully someone helps you grasp something you're struggling with by explaining it from a different angle/ simplifying it.
I don't think tutors tell you tough that you don't understand something and move to the next chapter. There are also free courses on C# which you can take online.

Although and admittedly, I mostly thought myself everything I know through personal studies and reading. Well regardless, good luck with your learning curve however you go about it.

Back
Top Bottom