Question Details Pane on WPF Form

mhoney

Programming Experience
10+
Hi,

I am relatively new to C# but have covered a bit of ground using most of the built in toolbox controls within C# and MySql.

I would like to list information from a database in rows with headings for each column on a WPF Form. I'm not sure what toolbox control to use for this...I have played around with the Data Grid thus far but it looks too much like the MySql table.

Looking at other professional programs, they often display information in a table view / with a header on each column which can be placed and put in any column order (mouse drag).

How can I do this? What is the name of such a control?

It is just like if you are in Windows Explorer looking at your files in detail view...there are column headers in Windows Explorer that you can drag in any order or even right click over them and add additional fields / columns. eg Name, Date, Type etc

Any tips would be appreciated and will further inspire me with WPF C# which I am really enjoying at the moment.

Thanks.

Michael.

Hi all,

I did some further research and identified that I need to be using the Listview Control. I reviewed some sample code tutorials and have been able to create a sample project of exactly what I need. It is impressive stuff / so useful & a powerful way of presenting, manipulating and sorting data.

Thanks for your help.

Michael.

Back
Top Bottom