Question detect recieving mail is reply or new message

ahmedsalah

Programming Experience
3-5
I doing contact system web application using c sharp asp.net

using library mail kit

the problem is when some one reply to my email from outlook 2010 to any email I sent it then on my web application reply id

on debug show null when receiving .

so How any email server like google,Microsoft know that email reached to inbox is new mail or reply for email ?

I already loop for inbox and get emails then show it

How email inbox message reached recognize that received message is new mail message or reply to mail sent before ?

if i test send or reply for any message using outlook it not have any problem

also send receiving and reply work good

problem on my web application asp.net receiving reply to email for second time .

I need any way solve my problem on web application .

receiving emails not recognized on my inbox web application if reply or new message

using mail kit library .

How to solve problem

How any email server like google,Microsoft know that email reached to inbox is new mail or reply for email ?
I would imagine they read one of the attribute flags from the server they get the messages from to get its current status. Just to edit and update that most clients don't know if a mail is new. New emails never received on that client application are treated as new by default. While there are a variety of ways to compare checks to validate what else would also define a new email, those are checks you should be implementing yourself...
problem on my web application asp.net receiving reply to email for second time .
-
-
receiving emails not recognized on my inbox web application if reply or new message
Seems evident enough to yourself to start looking for code smells. What is different from the first time you read a message to the second time, or am I misunderstanding this bit?

Without seeing all the code (the likely code at fault), its hard to say. If you can narrow your question down to a specific piece of code, and a specific question about that code, you will make it easier for people to help you. An application like your will likely have to much code for anyone willing to go through it all for free. But sure, if its not a lot of code, post it up and maybe the guys can help spot an issue.

It's rather useless to just dump name of a library, and not provide any information on where to find it or a link to the one you are using. Things like this will also likely reduce peoples want to help you. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom