Resolved Develop for Android on Windows home computer?

aaaron123

Programming Experience
1-3
  • For Hyper-V emulator support, a processor that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) is required.
  • For Android Emulator support, a supported processor and operating system is required.

I've been reading about Hyper-V. Things like the above (which I don't understand).

I believe I saw something like: Hyper-V is not supported on Home OS.

Not sure. And if I did, I don't know if it include Hyper-V emulator.

So my question is: Can Android be developed with Visual Studio 2022 on a Home OS computer?

If so, is there a downside like unusual slow down?

Solution
Can Android be developed with Visual Studio 2022 on a Home OS computer?
No. You will need Hyper-V. You will need to pony up the money to upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise. If you are student, you maybe able to get Windows 10 Education (which is essentially Windows 10 Enterprise) for free.

On the other hand, if you want to do things the way old school Android developers did things using Eclipse and the the Android SDK, then yes, you can develop for Android using Windows 10 Home. You'll be using Eclipse instead of Visual Studio, though.
Can Android be developed with Visual Studio 2022 on a Home OS computer?
No. You will need Hyper-V. You will need to pony up the money to upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise. If you are student, you maybe able to get Windows 10 Education (which is essentially Windows 10 Enterprise) for free.

On the other hand, if you want to do things the way old school Android developers did things using Eclipse and the the Android SDK, then yes, you can develop for Android using Windows 10 Home. You'll be using Eclipse instead of Visual Studio, though.

Solution

Can't use Eclipse, I don't believe, since I want to use C#.

However, I also have a computer with Pro OS so I'll restrict to that.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom