Question DLL Merge

k0081

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello to everyone

I want to add a compiled dll to my project. Dll.

i.e. the dll of the project I added now. How can I make it work as a load?

Thanks.

Last edited:
There seems to be a bit of a language barrier here so it's not completely clear what you want to do. It sounds like you just need to reference the DLL in your project. In that case, assuming a .NET Framework project, right-click the References node and select to add a new reference, then navigate to the DLL file. You can then access the types declared in that library.

That assumes that you're talking about a .NET assembly or a COM component. If the library is one that exports functions then it's a different matter. As you haven't provided any specific information, I'm assuming that it's a .NET assembly.

@jmcilhinney

I'm fairly new to C#. Yes, I added the dll in the Reference section. accepted without fail. I didn't know how to proceed afterwards.

* also My Project is Net Framework. This is a Plug-in. It works under AutoCAD. The other dll I mentioned also works under AutoCAD. I want to include it in my project and upload it in one go.

Thanks.

You use the types in that assembly in exactly the same way as you do types in any other assembly, including those that are part of the .NET Framework. In the properties of the reference, you can set the Copy to Output Directory property to true and then, when you build your project, that DLL will be copied to the output folder along with your DLL and you can deploy them both from there.

There are tools that can merge multiple .NET assemblies into one but is there really any need to do that? It might even not be possible, depending on how AutoCAD loads plug-ins. It might be that it needs one DLL per plug-in.

Yes . I compiled with some tools. merged flawlessly. But it didn't work. only the first file worked.

I mean, it's not really necessary... I can have it automatically installed separately. I'm just curious . so i can combine

You haven't given us much information to work with but it sounds like the issue is how AutoCAD loads plug-ins, as I mentioned might be the case. This is nothing I've ever done before, so it's educated guesses from me. Seems reasonable though.

Manually as follows: We select the plug-in file (*.dll) related to the "netload" command under AutoCAD and load it.

Back
Top Bottom