Question Does support Crystal Report in .Net 5 or .Net Standard?

Dev Think

Programming Experience
1-3
ReportDocument is the built-in class of package CrystalDecision.CrystalReports.Engine, Please see affixed image

image.png

I want to bring parameter from Crystal Report and also set those parameters, but i can not done this work due to "ReportDocument" crash at run time in .Net 5 and also check in .Net Standard but it does not work on both. FYI, it is working same code on .Net FrameWork 4.7. can any one suggest me what can i do?
Create object of ReportDocument:
string filepath="...\\A_Report.rpt";//please keep file address where is in your local Drive.
ReportDocument Report = new ReportDocument();
Report.Load(filepath);

This code is break on line # 02 (at the time of create object of Report) with this exception Message.
Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'. The system cannot find the file specified.
In .Net 5 or .Net standard have not available this package version 10.5.3700.0. but it has updated version 13.... FYI, it is not compatible with .Net 5 or .Net Standard.

Last edited:
Do you have a question or is this a tip? The last sentence you have above starting with "FYI" seems to indicate that you already know the answer.

From what I have read, up to about the middle of last year, Crystal Reports does not and will not support .NET Core. Note that .NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core. You will need to either stick with .NET Framework, at least for the reporting part, or else look to a different reporting product.

Do you have a question or is this a tip? The last sentence you have above starting with "FYI" seems to indicate that you already know the answer.
Thank you @Skydiver for response. But i can not still find proper knowledge for crystal report on .net standard or .net 5, This is both question and tip. If you answer "No" then you give me any suggestion.

From what I have read, up to about the middle of last year, Crystal Reports does not and will not support .NET Core. Note that .NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core. You will need to either stick with .NET Framework, at least for the reporting part, or else look to a different reporting product.
Thanks @jmcilhinney for answer my question. Can you suggest me products name? or can there products get reports parameter from crystal report mean handle crystal reports?

This is both question and tip.
It can't be. One is asking others what you can/should do and one is telling others what they can/should do.

It can't be. One is asking others what you can/should do and one is telling others what they can/should do.
In .Net 5 or .Net standard have not available this package version 10.5.3700.0. but it has updated version 13.... FYI, it is not compatible with .Net 5 or .Net Standard.
In this sentence we have talked about only this package CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc. I have already tested but it does not work, If you have any other suggestion then you forward to me and please also response on
chat # 5. Thanks @jmcilhinney

Back
Top Bottom