dynamic control from xml

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to build dynamic UI based on xml entities. Till now I was just reading values from xml & binding them in XAML file like below

my xml <abc>True</abc>
<def>True</def>

my XAML <CheckBox Content="test1" Margin="20,10,0,0" IsChecked="{Binding XPath=abc}" />
<CheckBox Content="test2" Margin="20,30,0,0" IsChecked="{Binding XPath=def}" />

Now I am trying to modify myxaml irrespective of number of entities in my xml (it can be any number of checkboxes & other controls in xml)

myxml now <Control Checkbox description="abc" value=true ></Control> (please give suggestions for better format)
<Control Checkbox description="def" value=false ></Control>
<Control Checkbox description="ghi" value=false></Control> checkbox is type of control since I can have other controls also

I can create checkbox using System.Windows.Controls.CheckBox chckbox = new CheckBox();
but I am not sure how my XAML entity will return how many controls are there inside one particular node in xml
I was doing google, I found below code to add controls dynamically.
Is it possible to get list of checkbox from xml in XAML & calling addcheckbox in that particular group or stackpanel that number of times ?

<CheckBox Name="addcheck" Click="addCheckbox">Add Another</CheckBox>

public void addCheckbox(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
// System.Windows.Controls.Button newBtn = new Button();
System.Windows.Controls.CheckBox chckbox = new CheckBox();
chckbox.Content="test";
Thickness margin = chckbox.Margin;
margin.Top = 5;
chckbox.Margin = margin;
splMain.Children.Add(chckbox);
}
THanks

In the future, please put your code and XML in code tags to make it easier to read.

One approach could be to use the XamlReader and then dynamically add the UI elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom