TB007

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have the following SQLite database table

1676704243086.png

When I load the WPF app I run the ff() method shown below

C#:
        public static string dbloc = @"Data Source=MYDATA.db";

internal static SQLiteConnection GetConnection() { return new SQLiteConnection(dbloc);}

public static Dictionary<int, string> getState = new Dictionary<int, string>();

public static string query= "select distinct GSTIN, STATE from StateWiseGST";

public static void ff()
        {
            using (var con = GetConnection())
            {
                con.Open();
                using (SQLiteCommand cmd = new SQLiteCommand(query, con))
                {
                    using (var reader = cmd.ExecuteReader())
                    {
                        while (reader.Read())
                        {
                            getState[(int)reader["GSTIN"]] = (string)reader["STATE"];
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }

But getting the error (on the line getState[(int)reader["GSTIN"]] = (string)reader["STATE"];):

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: 'The invocation of the constructor on type 'Test.Window1' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '3' and line position '99'. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.​

Please help

You need to use the debugger. Set a breakpoint on that line or even just wait for the exception to be thrown, then use the tools at your disposal to see what type everything is and where the invalid cast may be. My guess would be that one of those two fields in NULL for at least one record but you don't have to guess because the debugger will show you.

My guess would be that one of those two fields in NULL for at least one record​

That is not the case here, I've checked that.

I've also added the below detailed error which I'm struggling to figure out, maybe you can help me fix or better understand it

C#:
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()

Thats weird. My code worked completely fine without the portion mentioned in this question and I haven't bound anything from my original question code to anything on the XAML so I'm confused....

Well, with the wonders of source control you can always rollback to the previous version and then create a branch and incrementally add stuff back in until it breaks again. That way you can really identify what changed and broke things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom