getting the path of the output file

Semih

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi, I need to code a program that will archive every file output on a C# printer, but I couldn't find any library or resource that allows to get the path of the output file. How can I do that? For example, when a Word file is printed, the program will take the file path and make a copy of the same file in the archive folder on the desktop.

The path of the output file is completely up to you. I suspect that what you say is the problem is not actually the problem at all. Are you really saying that you have the path of the input file and the output folder and you don't know how to generate the output file path from those two?

The path of the output file is completely up to you. I suspect that what you say is the problem is not actually the problem at all. Are you really saying that you have the path of the input file and the output folder and you don't know how to generate the output file path from those two?

This software will be installed on a public computer. Files are sent to this computer during the day with a USB flash memory or via e-mail. So I'm not the one who got the printout.

That doesn't help clarify the problem. What is it actually that you want to do that you can't? You said that it is to:
get the path of the output file
which implies that you can do everything up to that point. Do you actually mean that you can't determine the path of the input file, i.e. the file that was printed and ne4eds to be copied? The copy is the output file.

Back
Top Bottom