int a;
Initialize an array of type int an assign a value  a= 0 ;
int a = 0;
Read elements to the array
scanf function
printf function

Thanks

Last edited:
The place to start is where you should start generally start any quest for information theses days: at a search engine.

I imagine that it will be included in those results somewhere but there's a link to a well-regarded tutorial in my signature below.

You're confusing C/C++ and C# - they are different.

Haven spent a career on both languages. I do know that some of what you referred to above is not the same in C#. So I advise you read up on the basics of C# and not C or Objective C or C++.

C# has using xyz library and not #include <xyz.h>
Read elements to the array - You don't read elements to an array, you write elements to an array or read them out of an array, or read elements from a source to write to an array.

Scanf function does not exist in C#
Printf and cout also doesn't exist in C#, unless you want to call it with Pinvoke from C library. You'll find people use Console.WriteLine with string.Format or ...($"{ }") etc

However, if you're looking for some good books, I can recommend some if you like. However, one of the best places to start is on MSDN itself. Get Started - C# Guide

@jmcilhinney

Thanks for the reply

I should be looking for small programs hello world , adding two numbers and same with windows GUI program .

Now i know where to start .

@Sheepings

I was trying to refresh some basics of the programming languages i know from C with this ,

C#:
Include files
Declare an array of type int ; 
int a;
Initialize an array of type int an assign a value  a= 0 ;
int a = 0;
scanf function
Write elements to the array
printf function
Write elements out of the array

I found a website with a nice tutorial Contents - Follow the white rabbit

I was also going to buy this book , Programming Microsoft Windows with C# Book by Charles Petzold

When i was thinking about C# programming i was thinking of C# Console program .

But i have few more questions ,
What are C# Winforms and C# WPF ?

Thanks

When i was thinking about C# programming i was thinking of C# Console program .

But i have few more questions ,
What are C# Winforms and C# WPF ?
Console applications are obviously commandline-based. Windows Forms and WPF are both GUI technologies. Windows Forms is older and simpler to pick up. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is newer and works more like web-based technologies where the UI code is separate to the rest of the application. WPF is XAML-based, like UWP, but allows you to create applications not tied to the Microsoft Store. WPF has a steeper learning curve but was built from the ground up to support modern technologies, so provides far more freedom and usability in the way of graphics programming.

I was also going to buy this book , Programming Microsoft Windows with C# Book by Charles Petzold
Another member was also looking to start learning C#, and I made some book suggestions you might be interested in : New to Programing
I was trying to refresh some basics of the programming languages i know from C with this
Yes but the differences I've already outlined above. What you've learned there in C, don't try applying that in C#.

Yes, please read the other thread.

I recommend holding of on "Programming Microsoft Windows with C#" because:
  1. It won't teach you C#. The book is primarily about WinForms and only incidentally uses C#.
  2. Although WinForms has received some resuscitation by being ported to .NET Core 3.0, you should still treat it as being at end of life.
  3. Unless you are a masochist, learning a language and a framework at the same time is going to be a steep learning curve.

Thanks a lot for the reply Sheepings and Skydiver

I will check those books too ,

Last place i worked , those people were developing an HR and Payroll application with C# and Ms Access .

It looked like a web application ,

I think they were using C# Windows forms and Ms Access to develop it .

I am trying to get into that level of learning only , Nothing more now .

Well what a coincidence... The Farrell book I grudgingly recommended does exactly that: learn C# by developing an app using WinForms and Access. (Throwing up in my mouth now...)

There are so much better ways to do the same thing now. WinForms + Access would have been the way to do things back before 2005. It's almost 2020 now. I suggest learning C#, and then look at using Xamarin Forms with SQL Server Express. The reasons are that with what you learn with these are applicable elsewhere for web or mobile development, instead of the niche that she is teaching.

Thanks a lot again Skydiver ,

I will check this book , Microsoft Visual C# .NET 1st Edition by Joyce Farrell

If that book teaches to develop an application using Windows forms and Ms Access , that would be really great , because i always used to wonder how those people were developing an application like that .

Also thanks for informing me about the latest methods like C# with Xamarin Forms with SQL Server Express

I will try to learn this very soon with the help of exactly this book , Microsoft Visual C# .NET 1st Edition by Joyce Farrell

C# is pretty hard to learn at first, because it's usually not just c#. There are many instances where c# is used, but .NET is by far the most popular.

C# Tutorial

You can find almost anything from there. Its easy to find lists of good textbooks, I rarely read through them and just use them as references from time to time. Its huge collection of C# tutorial and source code, you really just gotta practice.

There are many instances where c# is used, but .NET is by far the most popular.
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at there but it's likely wrong. C# is a language and .NET is a platform. C# was created specifically for the purpose of being the flagship language for the .NET platform. C# is ONLY used to write applications for the .NET platform.

Back
Top Bottom