Hello World!

//REDACTED

Programming Experience
10+
// for anyone who has the time to talk. Apologies for the length.

Hey Folks,

I'm new around these parts, figured I should say hello!

• Why I'm here
Recently been inspired to get back down the rabbit hole and expand my knowledge of programming. For a change, I'm open to help and suggestions... unlike- when I was younger and felt the best course of action was to just buy the thickest books I could afford and lock myself away until it all sunk in. Ended up learning more about myself- then programming ...

• How I found out about C#
My exposure to languages seems to stem from the game world. Having to enter run commands from DOS and just getting the games to run on that 286..made you feel like a real wiz after-all.. Downloaded that unity 3D engine to play around with. With it comes packaged MonoDevelop. That was the first time doing anything in C#... Have to admit it's addicting!

• Current progress
Currently at the "text based adventure game" level on terminal and having a blast. A bit of confusion in regards to the whole cross-platform deal with everything. Still trying to figure out how to export as an .app instead of .exe for instance. (to run on Mac terminal without MonoDevelop) And just basic knowledge.

Don't be afraid to PM me if you want to chat about programming or game stuff.

Take it easy
//REDACTED

Back
Top Bottom