Question How can I connect my Xamarin Android Application to Azure/CPanel SQL Database?

KudoShinichi

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi.
I'm developing a cross-platform app using Xamarin. Currently, I'm focusing on the android version. So, I want to start testing the application on real external database using one of the Hosting Providers (Now, it's running locally, using NuGet SQL).
I've got an Azure account, and a cPanel hosting with SQL Database. My question here, is how to link my app with one of these?

Note: I don't need a full explanation, just the technologies that I should follow, I will read the docs myself, but can't find anything helpful till now..

Kindest Regards~~

Shouldn't it just be a matter of changing your connection string to point to your hosted database instead of your local development database? You just have to make sure that your hosted database is exposed to the Internet.

But while on this topic, it is generally a bad idea to expose a database raw to the Internet. The best practice is to have a web service exposed to the Internet, and the web service talks to the database (behind a firewall, or within your web host). Your Xamarin app should then make web service calls to the exposed web service. Although you could use any remote procedure call to that web service, the current modern accepted approach is to use a REST API web service call.

Shouldn't it just be a matter of changing your connection string to point to your hosted database instead of your local development database? You just have to make sure that your hosted database is exposed to the Internet.

But while on this topic, it is generally a bad idea to expose a database raw to the Internet. The best practice is to have a web service exposed to the Internet, and the web service talks to the database (behind a firewall, or within your web host). Your Xamarin app should then make web service calls to the exposed web service. Although you could use any remote procedure call to that web service, the current modern accepted approach is to use a REST API web service call.
I tried to change the connection string, but facing some issues of finding the connection string,.

That's correct but because I already deployed a laravel web app using one of my cPanels, so I want my app to run on the same database as I'm willing -in the future- to develop a web app version of my mobile app when I'm done from the first release. I know I can do that as well with the rest APi, but still I'm not sure of going directly to a web service like Azure unless I make sure that my app is going to make a good revenue..

Do you've a discord server or any place in which I can connect with you?

Do you've a discord server or any place in which I can connect with you?

This is a public forum and the point of that is that it's public. Anyone can help you and the information provided can help anyone. This is not a place to recruit a private tutor. You're here. If you're having an issue, explain it. What does "finding the connection string" mean? Do you not know where it is in your app or are you saying that you don't know how to write the correct connection string for the other database? Is that database even visible to the public internet? As suggested, it really shouldn't be because you're just asking to get hacked. If it is though, if you explain the details then we can help you fix the problem.

This is a public forum and the point of that is that it's public. Anyone can help you and the information provided can help anyone. This is not a place to recruit a private tutor. You're here. If you're having an issue, explain it. What does "finding the connection string" mean? Do you not know where it is in your app or are you saying that you don't know how to write the correct connection string for the other database? Is that database even visible to the public internet? As suggested, it really shouldn't be because you're just asking to get hacked. If it is though, if you explain the details then we can help you fix the problem.

You don't get the point. It's very common that public forums do have a discord server to make it easier for people to connect, doesn't mean that I'm looking for a personal tutor (do I even need one? lol, I think not!)
It's just a question, just be direct if you can help with my question! I already explained my self clearly, so as your Sherlocked-IQ deduced that I'm looking for a personal tutor just cause I asked if there's any Discord server for the community, then you shuld be able to read carefully and understand exactly what's my question..

So how does any learning/teaching done over discord make it back into those public forums? Are they recorded and posted back? Are transcripts created and posted back?

If it doesn't make it back into the forum, then it was effectively a personal tutoring session.

Back
Top Bottom