Question how to create an API screen?

caseyhoo

Programming Experience
10+
hi, im new to Web development. I need to create an c# API screen that others can pass in some data and at my screen,
the user must key in some data. End of process, my API screen will return few data to main.

Overall, its like payment gateway screen.

May I know how to achieve the above requirement? Thanks a lots in advance

Last edited:
That sounds more like a regular form page.

A Web API doesn't have any UI and all the inputs are posted directly to the URL and you get a response back... usually in a raw non-UI friendly way.

@Skydiver, thanks for reply.

without API, may I know how a regular form page able pass back data to the source that calling it, source need result of my screen to display.

hi, im new to Web development.
Your profile says you have ten years + experience. :rolleyes:
user must key in some data. End of process, my API screen will return few data to main.
You seem to have a misunderstanding what an Application programming interface is. It's even in the name, and as Skydiver pointed out; they don't have a User Interface as such, but its more of an interface which allows you to pull specific data based on the values you build a URI with. Generally the response you will receive back will be in JSON, or XML.

That sounds more like a regular form page.

A Web API doesn't have any UI and all the inputs are posted directly to the URL and you get a response back... usually in a raw non-UI friendly way.
Your profile says you have ten years + experience. :rolleyes:

You seem to have a misunderstanding what an Application programming interface is. It's even in the name, and as Skydiver pointed out; they don't have a User Interface as such, but its more of an interface which allows you to pull specific data based on the values you build a URI with. Generally the response you will receive back will be in JSON, or XML.
I totally no experience in web/API, I mainly experience in ETL, datastage

See:

As a quick aside, the tutorial above is for the modern approach of using Razor pages. There is the older WebForms technology which would have let you accomplish the same things in less lines of code, but WebForms is at end-of-life so you might as well learn how to use Razor.

Back
Top Bottom