how to retrieve live data from query.iqy to MS SQL Server without refresh

anandbe22

Programming Experience
10+
Hello All,

Can any one please provide any solution on the below scenario.
I need live data every time from Sharepoint site after downloading query.iqy file without clicking refresh in .iqy file every time.
please help me the solution on this scenario, I need to retrieve this live data from query.iqy file to MS SQL server 2016 .
I need to copy live data every time if any updates happened in the SharePoint site to be stored in MS SQL server.

Thanks
Anand.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this client side. SharePoint does not send data change notifications/events. The closest you can get to notifications on client side is to use RSS feeds, but in my opinion that is of very little utility. If you have an on-premise SharePoint farm you can install code that get gets notifications when list items are added or modified. If you have SharePoint Online, you can use PowerAutomate, LogicApps, or Nintex to get code to run when items are added or updated.

Regardless of how you get the notifications, you can then update your SQL data based on the list items in the list.

The alternative is polling.

At work, when our users have this need of trying to get data out of or into SharePoint, we usually ask them why SharePoint is in the picture. What specific benefits are they getting from using SharePoint? Are they truly using SharePoint for collaboration? Or are they mere using SharePoint as a data/file transfer mechanism? Or are they using SharePoint as a poor man's database to avoid having to deal with our company's Software Development Lifecycle and Information Security stringent rules for development and handling of data?

It's not that we don't want people to use SharePoint. It's officially what keeps us employed. We just want to make sure that people are using the right tool for the job because in the end they will be a lot happier with performance and fidelity of their systems, and we'll not be dealing with kludge due to an X-Y problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom