??Integrate database From any to SQL??

nimemah

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello friends and engineers

I want to know is there any way to make my application to integrated database linkage?

i want to write a program or code that give information from any type of databases like: SQL, Excel, TXT files or etc , for it's input.

And then give me SQL data base to output.

example i have supermarket database file that is TXT file, i want my apllication get txt file for input, read information from this (columns of prices,name ...) and then send this information to other SQL database server.

or give MDF file for input and then do ....

or give excel file for input and do same as above.

is this have any way? or is this Technic have any name that i can search for it? i.e OID? or others solution name!?

thanks

if any description is needed tell me to describe.

Nima.T

You can use similar ADO.NET code to read from almost any data source but you'll need some specific code for each different one so you're going to have to decide exactly what data sources you want to support and write enough specific code for each of them.

Thanks a lot man

So i should write different section code in one program. one for reading excel data source by ADO.NET and one other for reading text data source and one for MDF data source, then write conditions to check that input file is which one of them so decide to run that special function, then send it to out put for my final database.

The note was that i should use ADO.NET and make multi functions for each one.

Thanks again

best regards

Nima.T

You can write some common code to do the grunt work using common types, e.g. DbConnection, and then write data-source-specific code to create the appropriate objects, e.g. SqlConnection or OleDbConnection.

Back
Top Bottom