Is it possible to grab a report and expor to PowerPoint programmatically using c#?

Dee

Programming Experience
5-10
Dear Developers, Instead of manually export a report to PowerPoint, is it possible to grab the report in some kind of format (Json or other) and export to PowerPoint programmatically? I am referring a finished report, not creating PowerPoint using data. Thanks.

What exactly is a report in this scenario? Are you talking specifically about an SSRS client report, i.e. an RDLC file? I've only used server reports but I think that the ReportViewer control has some export functionality. I doubt that PowerPoint is a specific option but it might export to Word, which could then be imported very easily. Other than that, you could do some PowerPoint Automation in your app.

Thanks jimcilhinnery. It is a SAS Visual Analytic report. PowerPoint has an add-on to open the report but it is labor intensive if the report has 15 tabs or more. I am trying to grab the report in a json or xml or other format and export to PowerPoint OR PDF programmatically. If I remember correctly ReportViewer is taking the data (not a report) and export to Word or Excel.

It is a SAS Visual Analytic report. PowerPoint has an add-on to open the report
That's rather important information that you should have included up front. Please try to include all relevant information in the initial post, to avoid time-consuming back and forth.

Anyway, I would expect that you could use PowerPoint Automation for that, i.e. write code to perform the steps that you would otherwise perform manually. I've done very little Office Automation as it is and I've done none in PowerPoint, so I'm not sure exactly what is involved in automating a third-party add-in, but that's something that you can research. The principles would be the same as automating any Office application, so if you can find information about Word or Excel but not PowerPoint, don't ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom