Issue with steganography decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejura27

Programming Experience
3-5
I am working on steganography in C#.

According to the LSB technique, I store information in the RGB and Alpha channels, but while decoding, the codes are decoded, but the information is incorrect.

Color.FromArgb(A, R, G, B)); Can anyone who has worked on this issue help?

Thank u.

Sanki onlara yardım etmemize yardımcı olmak için gerekli bilgileri sağladılar, oysa siz bunu yapmayı defalarca reddediyorsunuz. Bazı şeyleri bilmemek sorun değil. Hepimiz başlamak için hiçbir şey bilmiyoruz. Size neyin gerekli olduğu söylendiğinde ve yine de bunu sağlamayı reddettiğinizde, bu sizin açınızdan kasıtlı bir seçimdir. İstenen bilgileri sağlarsanız yine de yardımcı olmaktan memnuniyet duyarım. Yine de bunun olmayacağını tahmin ediyorum, bu yüzden bunun için beklemeyeceğim.
My basic problem is that I have an algorithm that successfully hides and decodes information in an image file using the LSB technique. However, it can only work on RGB, and when I add the Alpha channel to it, I get an error in the decoding process. This may be a very simple issue for you, but I have not been able to solve this problem for 20 days, and my eyesight is now very low, so I can't notice errors due to stress and depression. I can't get out of it, I have no idea what to do.

Last edited:
As we said, step through the code with a debugger.

Make notes about the values you are writing out for each channel while you are encoding: both the value you are encoding, and the actual channel value. Use a single character test first so that at most you will be noting down 20 (e.g. 4 channels * (1 character + 4 zeroes) * 2 for before and after) numbers if I understand your encoding correctly. If you feel that pen and paper is too tedious or error prone, add logging to your code to let it write it out for you. Better yet, move your encoding/decoding code into a library and call that library from a console program and write your trace logs to the console.

Next debug the decoding phase: as each channel value is read from input. Verify that the channel values matches what you wrote down for that pixel. If there is a mismatch, that means you might not actually be using PNG (which is supposed to be lossless), or that some other image processing is happening on the bitmap before you get a chance to load it back again. Another possibility is that you are hitting integer overflow during encoding. As I recall from your code, you are just using addition to insert your value to be encoded instead of replacing the lower 2 bits. If the original channel value is already 252 , adding 4 will give you 256 which does does not fit in 8 bits.

Next, step through the code that extracts through encoded values with a debugger. Compare with your encoded value. If there is a mismatch, then that means there is a bug in your extraction code.

Again, if you find all that inspection too tedious or error prone, use some logging.

If the extracted values are correct, but your decoding loop keeps going past the 4 zeroes you use as a terminator, then it's logic bug in your terminating condition detection.

Last edited:
As an aside, LSB usually stands for "least significant bit" or "least significant byte". In both cases it is singular. From what I can see from your encoding, you are encoding 2 bits (plural), but only decoding 1 bit (singular). You yet have to explain why you are doing this. If you don't feel like explaining, please give me the patent number for your patented algorithm so that I can try understanding from your patent filing.

Take action to delete my account, I don't want to deal with you anymore!

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Turkish Patent Site,

I tried searching for "200952693-22" as well as "200952693" in the various fields but nothing came up.

On the Turkish Patent Site,

I tried searching for "200952693-22" as well as "200952693" in the various fields but nothing came up.

WHAT TURK? You make things up and act on your own, you are egotistical. I wish I was not a member of this forum, there are such arrogant and disgusting people that you constantly offend as help, I opened the topic, I am the owner of the topic and I want it deleted, I share the necessary information in it, do you demand money from me for this !!! Smart ass!

This is not going anywhere. We're not going to delete threads or accounts for no reason. There's no evidence of patents here. If you don't want to deal with us, there's no need for you to. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom