Question learning

AkkoRu

Programming Experience
Beginner
how can i learn the best on C# and practise, im a beginner and i dont understand how i should start

Do you already know a another programming language, it will this also be your first programming language?

Hopefully @kareninstructor will provide some input since she is a professional at teaching technology and programming. Follow what she says. Take what I write below with a huge grain of salt.

I was self-taught and by the time I learned C# it was my 8th or 9th language. I recommend first learning about basic concepts like console I/O, variables, branching, looping, and calling subroutines. Learn about basic data structures and algorithms. Stick with using the console and imperative programming for as long as you can. Try not to get sucked too deeply into libraries and programming frameworks until later.

When I was learning, working with a database was not a must, but nowadays, it has become a necessity unless you work in a niche field that doesn't need a database and can get by with just text files. When its time to start learning about libraries and programming frameworks, I would recommend learning how to interface with a database as a first step, rather than learning how to do GUIs which is what people always gravitate towards first.

Learn about design patterns.

Practice -- a lot. Some people claim that they can learn programming just by watching videos -- I wonder if these are the same people who say they can learn kung fu just by watching videos as well.

Hopefully @kareninstructor will provide some input since she is a professional at teaching technology and programming. Follow what she says. Take what I write below with a huge grain of salt.

I was self-taught and by the time I learned C# it was my 8th or 9th language. I recommend first learning about basic concepts like console I/O, variables, branching, looping, and calling subroutines. Learn about basic data structures and algorithms. Stick with using the console and imperative programming for as long as you can. Try not to get sucked too deeply into libraries and programming frameworks until later.

When I was learning, working with a database was not a must, but nowadays, it has become a necessity unless you work in a niche field that doesn't need a database and can get by with just text files. When its time to start learning about libraries and programming frameworks, I would recommend learning how to interface with a database as a first step, rather than learning how to do GUIs which is what people always gravitate towards first.

Learn about design patterns.

Practice -- a lot. Some people claim that they can learn programming just by watching videos -- I wonder if these are the same people who say they can learn kung fu just by watching videos as well.

thanks a lot!!!!, but how can i practice

how can i practice

Like anything else, by doing. There's no secret solution. Just come up with ideas for basic projects and write code to implement them.

You asked how to practice, not how to start from scratch. Those are two different things. If you want good answers then you need to ask good questions. There are plenty of beginner tutorials on the web so I suggest that you search for them using a search engine, which is something you could have done already. If you want to write software then you should have a decent understanding of how to use it already, so searching the web for obvious keywords like "beginner C# tutorial" is not something you ought to need to be told. Here is one popular such tutorial but there are others besides and it's worth going through more than one as they may cover slightly different things and/or in slightly different ways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom