Memory Leak I can't seem to find...

cboshdave

Programming Experience
1-3
I have done StreamReaders using sr.ReadLine() for over 4 million records and it works fine. In this instance though, the lines have comma separated values with quote delimiters and I need to use them. So, I found a function that will split the lines and return a list. I have remarked out the routine and the ReadLine() spins through fine. So, I believe it has something to do with either my variables or the routine or both.

C#:
            while ((sLine = sr.ReadLine()) != null)
            {
                //Pass the line to the parser routine.  Get back a string[] variable.
                iCurrLine++;
                string[] sItems = new string[30]; //declare a new array of strings (blank the old one)
                sItems = SplitCSV(sLine); //This splits the line using RegEx on commas and quotes.  
                //Process the line.  Not even doing anything here yet.  

//Tried the following to clean up some memory.  It helped a bit (ran further), but still does not complete.  
                if (iCurrLine % 25 == 0)  //Runs every 25 lines (At least this is what i intended.
                {
                    System.GC.Collect();
                }
            }

public static string[] SplitCSV(string input)
        {
            //Function to split up the CSV row.  
            Regex csvSplit = new Regex("(?:^|,)(\"(?:[^\"]+|\"\")*\"|[^,]*)", RegexOptions.Compiled);
            List<string> list = new List<string>();
            string curr = null;
            foreach (Match match in csvSplit.Matches(input))
            {
                curr = match.Value;
                if (0 == curr.Length)
                {
                    list.Add("");
                }

list.Add(curr.TrimStart(','));
            }

return list.ToArray<string>();
        }

Why not use TextFieldParser class?

Also, since you have posted in Windows Forms forum, make sure you don't do such work in UI thread, use a secondary thread.

Back
Top Bottom