MQTT client with MQTTnet

LBalsa

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi am,

Firstly apologies if this is the wrong section. This is a last resort kind of post as I am on the borderline of desperation.

I am applying for a renowned company, that despite my lack of skills for their requirements, decided to proceed me to the code challenge.
After spending half the weekend on it, I emailed them today to regretfully inform I was unable to complete. Fortunately, they told me to just get on with it and submit whatever I had because it wasn't about "understanding everything", that's great, but I really don't have anything working...

They have provided a MQTT broker which I run on docker, I need to write an app that will subscribe, process some data and publish back. However I had never come across MQTT. I have spent hours searching and trying different guides, however, they only provide snippets of the code, and I don't understand how this fits in with the structure.

E.g.

There's always some missing piece that throws me off and I don't know what to do. I think the best one I've found is this one Internet of Things (IoT): MQTT Publishing & Subscribing messages to MQTT Broker (CloudMQTT) using .NET C# MQTT Client Library - TechCartNow.com
But the subscribe/publish methods are just errors.... I don't know what I'm missing or where I should stick these pieces...

I had a pile of rubble and different libraries yesterday, I've started another console app today (still at work) but can't figure it out.

Any help, tell off, whatever is appreciated, I'm just stressed out right now... I also understand no one is gonna do my homework and that is not my point...

Back
Top Bottom