MS-ACCESS Connection in ODBC

Caroline M

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello guys! So, please, i need help!!

I want create a file MS-ACCESS, and connect in ODBC, and use this ODBC with the database ACCESS and connect this database in the Visual Studio, using the ODBC.
How i make this, please, i need help!!

I want connect the database ODBC in the Visual Studio.
I need help step by step, or a link helping me, in tutorial!!

Please, thank you!

See your other thread about OLE DB and MS access. Search MSDN for ODBC connections instead. Search that Connection string site for ODBC connection strings.

If you're already using OLE DB, why switch to ODBC? There are only two good reasons to use ODBC that I can think of:
  1. You want to use a DSN.
  2. You want to be able to connect to multiple data sources using the same objects and at least one of them only supports ODBC.
If you are connecting to Access and only Access then you should generally prefer OLE DB to ODBC. Basically, ODBC should be your last choice and only used when you must.

This maybe a non sequitur, but it feels like your project has completely gone off the rails if you were initially asking about using MongoDB, and then switching to using Access with OLEDB, and now Access with ODBC, but you are already in the midst of writing code, as well as going up the WinForms learning curve while writing the code.

I recommend running (not just walking) as far away and as quickly from this project as possible, even if it means loss of income. If you are a start up and, apologize to my your client and tell them that you have to turn them away because you don't have the requisite knowledge and experience to deliver on their project.

Back
Top Bottom