MYSQL / FIREBASE Question

DejvisDev

Programming Experience
1-3
Good evening, I'm developing school project and I have question. Is possible to extract the given string from the database like MYSQL or Firebase, eg to the console?

What do you mean by "given string"?

ADO.NET works the same way for just about any database. You may have to use a different provider, e.g. SqlClient for SQL Server, OleDb for Access, Connector/Net for MySQL, etc, but the pattern of the code is always the same. Once you have queried your database and retrieved the desired data, you can do anything you want with it. It's just data. The fact that it came from a database doesn't give it magical properties. Text is still text and numbers are still numbers. If you want to display the data to the console then do so like you would with any other data.

This question is a fine example of what I think is the biggest issue beginners have. They tend to look at the entire task as a single unit instead of breaking it down into smaller, more manageable tasks and addressing each one separately. Data access is the same no matter where the data is going so just learn about data access. Displaying data to the console is the same no matter where the data comes from so just learn about that. Once you understand those topics, you can use either or both in conjunction with each other or anything else. This is how programming works. You learn about the various bits and pieces and then you put them together in whatever combination you need at the time.

Back
Top Bottom