Navigation buttons for C# and SQLite3

2lostsouls

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone,
I am a beginner with C#. I have a program I built using C# and SQLite3 and I am able to connect and see data in the data grid. But now I want to be able to populate the individual fields in the GUI and be able to go to next, previous, last records using buttons to navigate. What I am asking for, is there a good site that gives you a tutorial for this? Everything I am finding is for MySQL, SQLexpress etc... I want it for SQLite. Thank you.

What database you're using is irrelevant. If you can already retrieve and display data then you already know all the database-specific stuff you need. Once you have data in a DataTable, where it came from makes no difference at all. Why would it? Any information you can find about displaying data from a DataTable is relevant from that point.

What you should be doing is binding your DataTable to a BindingSource and then binding that to your individual controls via their DataBindings collection. You can also associate the BindingSource with a BindingNavigator for navigation.

I suspect what our OP is looking for is not a tutorial, but rather simply code that he can just copy and paste. He is not interested in the learning part of the tutorial, but rather in the final product.

This is part of the reason why I try to write my tutorials so that the code that is presented is in bits and pieces. Only in projects where the point of the tutorial is to see a project in whole do I provide all the code.

Thank you for answering. I am studying the data binding right now. Skydiver I am not looking for just the code. I want to understand what is going on also. But there is so much information on the web that I was looking for someone to point me in the right direction which is what jmchlhinney did. That way I can study it. But thank you for that kind words. Every expert had to start as a beginner.

If you were truly after the learning, then you would have noticed that the only thing that was different was the database. You would have gone through each tutorial to see how they were doing things for that particular database. You would have started noticing that all the binding and the navigation would have been the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom