Need some ideas for my final project

sock1992

Programming Experience
Beginner
I’m studying a masters in computing systems and I’m at that point now where I need to start planning what I’m going to do for my final project.

During the course I’ve created two programs using .net framework. The first one was a medical related application where I managed data through JSON files. edit delete search etc.

My most recent program was a coach booking service where I used windows forms and the baked in SQL server.

Now I want to do something that’s really going to challenge me and help me to stand out when applying for jobs. What would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Personally, I find this project that a student has decided to take on for himself as relatively interesting:

He takes the classic assignment given to students for converting text to Morse code up a few levels. Not only is he converting text to Morse code, but he is also generating a WAV file. But there's more. He is also working on taking a WAV file and then decoding the Morse code message found in it. In another thread his original plan was to actually generate the sounds to the speaker in realtime, and more challenging, listen to the microphone and decode also in realtime.

Personally, I find this project that a student has decided to take on for himself as relatively interesting:

He takes the classic assignment given to students for converting text to Morse code up a few levels. Not only is he converting text to Morse code, but he is also generating a WAV file. But there's more. He is also working on taking a WAV file and then decoding the Morse code message found in it. In another thread his original plan was to actually generate the sounds to the speaker in realtime, and more challenging, listen to the microphone and decode also in realtime.
hmm that sounds really interesting actually, I'll take a look into that. The module I'm doing split into two parts, first we have to carry out relevant research on the topic that we would like to cover and then finally produce the program using c#. I want to do something that's not too common but others have covered before, as this will give me the chance to do research on it and do my own research on how to get it working.

One topic i was thinking of looking into was artificial intelligence. what do you think about that?

AI is a big umbrella that covers many areas. You may want to focus a specific area under AI to make your project scalable to the time you have available for you. For example, someone over at DIC is trying an experiment to see if can create an AI that will develop into a strong intelligence using purely Turing machines. The thread is over 120 posts long with many of us trying to dissuade him, but he's sticking to his guns and has started posting his code in github, and videos of his simulations.

Back
Top Bottom