Question .NET 6 api AD authentication and authorization

Eigf58

Programming Experience
Beginner
Greetings

I’m working on an intranet application that uses .NET 6 as a backend api with an Angular frontend I would like to authenticate the users using Active Directory that is hosted on-premise. I also want to keep the users in the MS SQL database connected to the .NET api and assign them roles/claims using the .NET api I can’t seem to find a solution/tutorial to accomplish a similar functionality and I would greatly appreciate your help and guidance in this matter.

Thank you in advance

I’m working on an intranet application that uses .NET 6 as a backend api with an Angular frontend

If you are on your Intranet, why even build a web app? Why not a desktop app that your can distribute within your Intranet.

Is it

So you're keeping the user roles and claims in a DB rather than AD?

yes I would like to store role/claims in the database instead of AD or if there is an alternative approach I’m open to suggestions the main concern is that I do not want the users to use a different password to login to the application and authenticate them using their AD credentials

If you are on your Intranet, why even build a web app? Why not a desktop app that your can distribute within your Intranet.

It would be easier to reflect any changes/updates on the application to the enduser using a desktop application might require reinstalling if any breaking changes/updates are made

Will your backend be hosted on IIS, or will you be using some kind of Linux server?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom