NuGet restore error

ColinMay80

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi all,

I hope someone can help because the error below is driving me mad 😱. I just can't restore the NuGet mentioned and yes the dll is missing from the folder.

Running .NET framework 4.7.1 on VS 2022 (Version 17.4.0).

2022-11-11 18_16_24-Window.png

2022-11-11 18_23_23-nugetError.png ‎- Photos.png

The NuGet package is present though.

2022-11-11 18_20_11-Window.png

Any guidance greatly appreciated and the warning too? ;)

Thanks in advance!

If you look closely at the error it looks like it is trying to use 15.8.0 instead of the 17.4.0 that you are saying is installed.

If you look closely at the error it looks like it is trying to use 15.8.0 instead of the 17.4.0 that you are saying is installed.
I think that the OP meant that VS is v17.4.0 but the NuGet package is 15.8.0. Given that v17.4.0 of the package is available, it probably ought to be upgraded.

Correct. 15.8.0 is installed and v17.4.0 is available. Unfortunately VS shows the first screenshot (Some NuGet packages are missing…), I can’t seem to upgrade or uninstall the package which is driving me mad. Is it possible to check why VS is looking for UIAHtmlElementUtilities.dll?

The project thinks that that package is installed because it says so in a file. You can edit that file manually to fix that, then install the package properly if required. Make sure your solution is backed up first, then do a Find in Files for the package name and/or version. When you find the entry(ies) for it, you can delete them manually. You should then be able to build and install the package properly.

Thank you everyone for the replies. In the end, I deleted the package from packages.config and errors disappeared. Everything worked even without re-installing the package so don’t know why it was there in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom