Question Object Relational Designer does not create entity classes

Sajo

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello. I am using Object Relational Designer because I am working with LINQ to SQL. I am using NORTHWND database. I want that Object Relational Designer create entity class for table which I drag to entitites part. For example I drag Employees table to entities part but it does not create entity class. What is the problem?

This doesn't necessarily help with your problem but, if you can, I would strongly recommend using Entity Framework rather than LINQ to SQL. EF supports many more data sources than just SQL Server, so you can use the same principles for many different data sources, and EF is constantly being improved, where LINQ to SQL has been stagnant for many years.

This doesn't necessarily help with your problem but, if you can, I would strongly recommend using Entity Framework rather than LINQ to SQL. EF supports many more data sources than just SQL Server, so you can use the same principles for many different data sources, and EF is constantly being improved, where LINQ to SQL has been stagnant for many years.
Okay, thank you very much. I will start with learning Entity Framework.

The two are similar in many ways. You can generate an EF model from a database, like you can with LINQ to SQL, but the preferred option is for you to create your entity classes and generate a database from them. There are intermediate options too. However you create the model and database, you write queries using LINQ to Entities, very much as you do using LINQ to SQL.

Back
Top Bottom