Playing audio, server side

DjGrego

Programming Experience
Beginner
I would like to make a jukebox device that plays music (on the server) with a web client that can change the playlist.

If I did this in Blazor, could I run something like Naudio on the server side, and where would that code go that would play the audio?

I have searched for "Blazor play audio server side" but only get references to client side.

Would it perhaps be better to make a console app, web api, or service helper?

Solution
Give it a go with Blazor server side; just remember that you might need to make your player class a singleton if you're wanting multiple simultaneous clients

For my moment I think I'd seek out a media player (like VLC) that had some remote control api already, and use it to play the media/tell it what to do from C# but I'm sure that getting c# to play the audio would be similarly easy
The audio can only be played on the client side because the server has no speakers.

So won't it depend on your AoIP driver what kind of ports it web services you need to have open, and what codec you use to send data out in those ports or web service streams?

What's the overall goal here? To make a remote controlled music player whereby a LAN client can change the music the home theater Pc is playing out of the home theater speakers, or make a remote controlled streaming service where multiple LAN clients can receive streamed audio from a central remote controllable server and play it out of their own speakers?

The goal is to make a remote controlled music player whereby a LAN client can change the music the home theater Pc. Playing the audio from the PC, not the client.

Give it a go with Blazor server side; just remember that you might need to make your player class a singleton if you're wanting multiple simultaneous clients

For my moment I think I'd seek out a media player (like VLC) that had some remote control api already, and use it to play the media/tell it what to do from C# but I'm sure that getting c# to play the audio would be similarly easy

Solution
Back
Top Bottom