Answered Point Of Sale (Datagrid)

MaxSmithGuitar

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am working on a WPF (.NET Framework) sample application as my learning tool for C#.
I work in automotive parts sales and we use a program named: 'Autoparts' by MAM Software. It's a handy piece of kit for looking up parts and selling them quickly to the customer. It has warehouse control and head office (Ledger) control.
I am trying to replicate a similar piece of software.

I want to know how to use a Datagrid as a parts search tool that displays PartsNumbers, Descriptions, Prices and Discounts. I have attached an image so you can get an idea for the design.

Attachments

• 7906-636458352001793670.png
    7906-636458352001793670.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 15
This is kind of tangential, but you have so many modern UI capabilities in WPF, why would you want it to look like something that was originally written for DOS version dBase/Foxbase that was only slightly updated for Win 3.1?

Anyway to answer your question, you would do things like you would do things in WPF. You would fill your data model with the parts details; have to model view do the filtering and sorting logic; and then bind the model view to the view.

In response to your first answer, I wouldn't want it exactly like that with grey basic backgrounds. I understand that WPF has some really cool design features. I just needed to know the behind the scenes wire-up.

In response to your second answer, I am using Sql Database to store the data. So how would that change things?

There is nothing you would change. You would query the database and load the rows into your model. Or since you are already using a library, let the library return the objects for your model.

Back
Top Bottom