Question Project not opening on visual 2019

codify

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello! I am trying to open this project. It should automatically open the rest of cs files which are linked to it.

1611328859864.png

But when I open it my visual screen is blank.

1611329083948.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Visual Studio doesn't automatically open .CS files when you open a solution or project file. It'll remember the last opened files (assuming you have a .vs directory). If it's a fresh machine, or you just cloned a project from git, it won't have that knowledge of the last files open (unless someone accidentally checked in the .vs directory).

Visual Studio doesn't automatically open .CS files when you open a solution or project file. It'll remember the last opened files (assuming you have a .vs directory). If it's a fresh machine, or you just cloned a project from git, it won't have that knowledge of the last files open (unless someone accidentally checked in the .vs directory).
So what should I do??

Alright! I saw the new option of clone project in visual 2019. And it pulled the project easily. But still build option is not available.
1611335196105.png

Yes, and now you double click on the filenames on the Solution Explorer to open the file. As I said, files are not opened automatically. Stop and think about it. If a project has 1000 files, you don't want VS2019 to go open all 1000 files when you load the project.

Mod Typo

Last edited by a moderator:
But still build option is not available.
Say what? This thread was opened talking about source files not being opened automatically. How are we suddenly talking about build options now?

Back
Top Bottom