Query - Internet Explorer

abrahamjohn

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,
I am trying to develop a code snippet for my following requirement.

I am in need of writing a console application that would launch multiple Internet explorer instances and close them after page load is complete.

I would be scheduling this executable in windows task scheduler. I will have it scheduled multiple time as different tasks.

Executabel Name - URLHitter.exe

Task Scheduler Will look like where all refers to same exe

task1
task2
task3
task4.....

I would have google.com launched from all instances. However, the google.com opened by task1 should only be closed by a call from task 1 and not from anywhere else.
Similarly for other executables. They should not overlap during closure. Each executable should close only it's own internet explorer instances.

Can you help me on this? I have used Internet explorer components/used process ids to terminate, but none worked. Is there any way other than this that we can do?

Like When I launch one URL can i get a controlling system on the window that ties the executable with the window?IE.quit/process.id kill doesnt help. Pls note.

Abraham

What are you trying to do? Could this be better accomplished without Internet Explorer (or any browser for that matter)? Sounds like a job for WebRequest.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom