Reaching all Variables with Form Apps

Tarik Yildiz

Programming Experience
Beginner
I want to select variable names and shows its value in a textbox. The program basically should scan all variables in form apps show in the combobox after I select this varaible or object. Interface should show it is value in TextBox. I do not know it is possible. If it is possible can you guys show me the way?

What you're asking for doesn't really make sense. Why would the user of your app care about random variables? Perhaps you should describe what you're actually trying to achieve and we can recommend how best to achieve it.

What you're asking for doesn't really make sense. Why would the user of your app care about random variables? Perhaps you should describe what you're actually trying to achieve and we can recommend how best to achieve it.
Actually I have build an interface for reading arduino signals. I want to build a test interface (it will show how many times the sensors send correct data or how many times it fail) for this application my goal is scan all the variables in the real Form page and select what variables will be tested automatically. I do not know if it is possible.

It sounds to me like you should be using a Dictionary. What you are referring to "variables" would be the keys and then you can store whatever data you need in the values. Those values might contain the data you received from your device and a flag to indicate whether it should be tested. It's hard to know for sure because you're still telling us HOW you want to do something rather than WHAT you want to do.

It sounds to me like you should be using a Dictionary. What you are referring to "variables" would be the keys and then you can store whatever data you need in the values. Those values might contain the data you received from your device and a flag to indicate whether it should be tested. It's hard to know for sure because you're still telling us HOW you want to do something rather than WHAT you want to do.
English is not my native tongue,also cannot say exactly what I want in Turkish😅. However, you showed me some way I will try something. Thanks and take care.

When I talk about "what" you want to achieve, I'm talking about the application functionality. It shouldn't need to refer to any code constructs or types because those are all implementation details. Once you understand the what, then you can consider the how and which how is best.

Back
Top Bottom