Question Read data from other software

Chr0n4s

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,
im new to this forum.
Im trying to make a bot for a game called "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes". ATM i have a speech recognition for this bot. The problem is that this method is not good for the solution.

So i want to setup a bot that connects to the game and reads the data from it. Then i dont have to give the needed input over speech.

Ive never done anything like that. Can someone help me with this pls?

Welcome to the forum. ;)

Haven worked with large companies on SRS development apps, I fail to see how speech recognition would be an issue? Assuming you are using System.Speech.Recognition and System.Speech.Synthesis? Providing you set recognition patterns for the words to be detected based on the grammar you already trained your AI agent with, you shouldn't be having much of an issue... If you are having issues with the AI understanding certain phrases, you can set a confidence level in which will determine if the AI will interact with you or not. Or if the confidence level of your AI is unclear on what was said ie e.Result.Confidence is below 0.60 in the SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e arguments, you could have her request you repeat the command with something like this :
C#:
         SpeechRecognized(object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
        {
            Func.LastIn = recTxt; 
            Console.WriteLine("\nRecognized :: " + e.Result.Text); if (e.Result.Confidence < 0.60) return;
            nQuestion.DetermineSpoken(e.Result.Text);
        }
Where e.Result.Confidence < 0.60 would return a function where the AI will ask for the command again. Of course this is really not necessary if you program your AI properly, you can teach it to predict your command before you even say it, and you can also teach it to assume the closest word it thinks you said.

What I recommend is; you show your code, especially the code causing you issues. Then we can determine the best approach to deal with your problem. As it stands, your question is very unclear. Since you've only told us what you tried, but haven't shown us. Nor have you explained what this bot would do - ie what functions it would serve, and how you plan to communicate with it etc. Please elucidate?

Welcome to the forum. ;)

Haven worked with large companies on SRS development apps, I fail to see how speech recognition would be an issue? Assuming you are using System.Speech.Recognition and System.Speech.Synthesis? Providing you set recognition patterns for the words to be detected based on the grammar you already trained your AI agent with, you shouldn't be having much of an issue... If you are having issues with the AI understanding certain phrases, you can set a confidence level in which will determine if the AI will interact with you or not. Or if the confidence level of your AI is unclear on what was said ie e.Result.Confidence is below 0.60 in the SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e arguments, you could have her request you repeat the command with something like this :
C#:
         SpeechRecognized(object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
        {
            Func.LastIn = recTxt;
            Console.WriteLine("\nRecognized :: " + e.Result.Text); if (e.Result.Confidence < 0.60) return;
            nQuestion.DetermineSpoken(e.Result.Text);
        }
Where e.Result.Confidence < 0.60 would return a function where the AI will ask for the command again. Of course this is really not necessary if you program your AI properly, you can teach it to predict your command before you even say it, and you can also teach it to assume the closest word it thinks you said.

What I recommend is; you show your code, especially the code causing you issues. Then we can determine the best approach to deal with your problem. As it stands, your question is very unclear. Since you've only told us what you tried, but haven't shown us. Nor have you explained what this bot would do - ie what functions it would serve, and how you plan to communicate with it etc. Please elucidate?
The problem with speech recognition is that it is very slow and it has problems with same-sounding words.
The bot is just an automated manual for the game. Ie the problem with same-sounding word: Who’s on First — Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Module

What i want from the bot is that it can automatically read the words from the button without me doing anything.

You don't even need speech recognition to make a bot that plays that game. You don't even have to read data from the other software. All you need is good old WM_GETTEXT Windows messages, or the GetWindowText() API. But that assumes that the description in that like is accurate: e.g. the text truly are windows labels. If the text are rendered as graphics like the old Borland OWL graphics, then you'll have other issues of pattern recognition.

I concur, actually, with some basic conditional logic, you could achieve this, and I don't know why Skydiver is eluding to a second application, when you could do it all in the one gaming application. It's nothing a simple class could not suffice to do. There are links in my signature for conditional logic, post back when you have something to start with or need further help.

You said : So i want to setup a bot that connects to the game and reads the data from it.

So use the link in my signature and start writing the logic for it.

Nobody is denying you help. I advised you to read the link in my signature... Conditional if else, check it out, post back when you get stuck.

As of yet, you've shown no commitment.

I was alluding to another application because I thought that what he meant by "setup a bot that connects to the game" was that the game already exists and was written by someone else, and that he was writing a bot to let him cheat at the game.

And also that the title of this thread is "Read data from other software" made me think that the game is the other software.

I was alluding to another application because I thought that what he meant by "setup a bot that connects to the game" was that the game already exists and was written by someone else, and that he was writing a bot to let him cheat at the game.
I would suspect topics as such wouldn't be allowed here. Trainers, cheats, hacks are all programs that cause other people issues, especially if they're used on games which work over a network. In which case, this thread should be closed if that's the case.

Unless our op can explain ?
So i want to setup a bot that connects to the game and reads the data from it.
Any external application which hooks another window and or tries to read it's memory data, would borderline on cheats, or a hack, in which case I won't be contributing to the building of.

I initially thought it may have been his own game, a real game. And while I've seen this game before on other forums, they've never involved reading from another application. Ie here So why the need for second application, which involves reading the data of the buttons for another app? Sorry, but If this is what you're asking, I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing that on a public forum, where it would likely be abused by other readers whom have mischievous agendas.

Reported for mod review.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom