saving many gameobjects in unity

alppi00a

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello i am new to coding and i need help from someone more experienced.
I have to save 10 000 gameobjects and their boolean values at the time.
I havent actually saved anything before except something in playerprefs and i dont think that is proper way of saving all things.

Welcome to the forums.

What type of objects are you talking about? Data objects or physical objects?
I havent actually saved anything before except something in playerprefs and i dont think that is proper way of saving all things.
No that is not the correct way to go about it. No matter what the object types are, because playerprefefs is for accessing player preferences and other options per each game session. Whatever you store here will be stored in the windows registry, so no, that isn't correct.

You're going to need to be more specific and explain what you're doing and why, how you are doing it and why, and demonstrate with some code of what you're trying if you want anyone to answer your questions in more detail. Can you do that?

i am making game and when you enter one number combination in keypad it turns gameobject (raw image) that is connected to that number combination on.
i have 10 000 of those gameobjects and i dont know how to save their (on/off) states so that it doesn´t reset everytime app is closed.
i have made a list of those gameobjects so i could link the number combination to the gameobjects.

i am bad at describing it.
but you can ask if you need to know something more.

It seems to me since the values are simply a bit vector, might as well just use the BitArray class and serialize that deserialize as needed.

Back
Top Bottom